Saturday, January 30, 2010

Bath

So I decided that I wanted to take a long hot bath tonight.
the water was off and I was just relaxing when:
Knock, knock ,knock
Child 1- Mom can I talk to you? (now I like to talk to child 1 and 2 when I'm in the tub, shower curtain closed, of course, because they tell me all the things they like...I don't know they really enjoy talking to me when I'm taking a bath, maybe because its hard to get me mad in that environment.)
Yes, come talk.
Knock, Knock, knock
Child 2 - "Child 6 won't stop crying and I want to come in too"
OK come in.
So at this point I have a screaming child 6 in the bathroom with child 1&2.
Take her to Dad!
Knock, knock , knock
child 5- crying... I hit my head, A bath would help it to feel better.
OK get in.
Knock, knock knock
Child 2 Again- Dad doesn't want child 6 she is crying!
I start to get a little frustrated, child 1, 2,5, &6 are now all in the bathroom, that's more then half the family in my tiny bathroom.
I don't care take screaming child 6 back to Dad!
knock knock knock
child 3 - mom child 4 is calling me names.
OK tell her to stop.
Meanwhile child 5 is creating tidal waves in the tub.

I would love to finish my story but I have child 5 & 6 crying !


I look at this and remember its all worth it!!!

5 comments:

April said...

Jennifer, I love this post because it's so true!
I always wonder why my kids need to be wherever I am. They follow me around the house and it's very frustrating when you all you want is just a few minutes of silence.
April

Jeremy Saunders said...

LOL that made me laugh. THanks! I wonder where dad was and what he was doing during all this?
mimi

Jennifer Miller said...

I have often wondered the same thing, Where is my helper!?

Daniel and Tiffany Dunn said...

haha! love it!

Michelle Hayes said...

THIS IS ABOUT THE FUNNIEST THING I HAVE EVER READ...now comment on my blog or it is going to be deleted..haha