Sunday, February 28, 2010

31

A few years ago I decided that I was tired of having birthdays only to think that it was just like every other day of the year. It seems like once I hit a mature age it was only right celebrate my birthday like an adult. What happened to all the fun of turning another year older and really celebrating my life?
I decided to take birthday matters into my own hands.
Not that I am ever disappointed to be with my kids or husband on my day (or that I am that high maintenance) I just want to do what I want to do, Just for ONE day!
So I started planning.
No kids
Ben
Lunch (my choice)
Shopping
Seattle
Dinner (my choice)
Dessert (has to be great Chocolate Cake)
My friend Mimi understands this rule
After telling Ben of my plan, he was all on board! I think the thought of no kids really got his attention, and that I was requiring my only present from him to be my date. (and the babysitter finder!)
Well I must report!
I had SO MUCH FUN!!!!!
I am eternally grateful to my mother in law for watching the kids for 9 hours!!!
Because of her I was totally relaxed, feeling like a spoiled rotten teenager again.
I got to go to Nordstrom Rack and I bought workout clothes!
Then on to university village, where I experienced H&M for the first time. It was beautiful-tears came to my eyes!
then to a little hole in the wall Chinese restaurant yum!
more shopping
then dinner at claim jumpers (I had never been) Let me just tell you about the cake...It was chocolate and full of sugar and fat! (I won't feel guilty , Its MY BIRTHDAY)
I needed a day out thanks Ben and Grandma Miller!
This is the face of freedom! and 31! Oh and check out my earrings-$2.94 H&M
H&M headband

My man and baby showing off for me!




12 comments:

Maren said...

this makes me so happy! I'm so glad you guys got to go out and have some uninterrupted time together. I want to come to Seattle! mmm H&M, Nordstrom Rack, good Chinese and YOU. sounds amazing. I'm so glad you guys had a good time.
Happy Birthday dear Jennifer. I hope tomorrow is great too! Miss you sister.
ps you look BEAUTIFUL

tvmom said...

awesome, good for you! Happy Birthday! Don't you just love H&M...such good deals and cute stuff (I like the earrings)!

And Claim Jumper - that chocolate cake is the one Casi had for her wedding!

mlg said...

What a great way to celebrate your birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Now when is the real party??

Unknown said...

Wow, woman you know how to party!! Sounds awesome! I am so glad you got to have a wonderful, uninterrupted day with your husband!! Mother-in-laws are GREAT!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You are amazing to me. Love ya--Donna

sarahandmatt said...

Glad you had a great birthday!! Can I borrow Grandma Miller on my birthday?

Michelle Hayes said...

Wow...sounds like a party. Way to take inititive on your birthday plans.. :)

Jeremy Saunders said...

YEAH!!!!!! I am so glad you got a whole day. Sounds fantastic. Now, I have found local chocolate cake--the same as Keg's, it is at Dirty Dan's in Fairhaven! Heavenly!!!!! Happy Birthday!
m

April said...

Happy Birthday, I'm glad you were able to get out and have a fun day with your hubby.
April

Tobler Bunch said...

You deserved it all!! Happy birthday sweet MAMA!

Austin and Heather Kramer said...

You are so smart, I'm totally going to do this next year for my 30th! So glad you had fun and what a wonderful mother-in-law!! Happy birthday!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday. I'm glad that you had so much fun! Grandma's are the best!

Kali Kat said...

Hi!
Kali Winn