Monday, September 26, 2011

New Style of Parenting!

  I swore, way back when, that I would be just as firm and just as strict with my younger kids as I was with the older kids.  

 Last night I realized I was a push over, that I was one of THOSE moms who stops parenting after a certain number of kids!  I would have never let a little girl choose her OWN outfit and actually let her wear a swimming suit ALL day long, especially in the cold weather.  Until yesterday!

















I guess with experience I have realized that She can wear a swimming suit all day once or twice and still turn out to be a pretty good kid.  As for the other two in the pictures they played in the rain for hours getting soaked.  I suppose they will survive too!

8 comments:

Cami said...

I like your kids! They will turn out. They'll just be more spoiled!

How did Reese get Curly Sue/Shirley Temple hair? She's way too cute.

christensen mission adventures said...

I don't think this will work, but I did love your blog with the little doll Reese in her swimming suit all day. You are a great mother! She and her sisters look totally happy doing what they wanted all day. Everyday won't be like that, but you are right, it makes for a nice change to not have the mom on their case every second! Har.

christensen mission adventures said...

It looks like my comment got posted!! Wow, Cami on there too! I am on my way to great blogging, even if I can't add pictures or comments to my own blog yet!

Jeremy Saunders said...

Your mom cracks me up Jennifer.
Okay, glad to know you are letting your hair down a little, makes the rest of us feel a little more capable as mothers. I will post some amazing pics of my kids and their hair and outfits for you with candy in their mouths while they are crashed underneath the dinner table.
Reese is so cute, and yes she will be spoiled or bossy?
m

Steph said...

LOL. Reese is such a cutie. Adele likes to wear her swimsuits all the time, too. Must be the age. :) And I think you just learn how to be more relaxed, right??

Jonathon and Sarah said...

Reese's hair is adorable! I don't know how you could possibly parent (i.e. not be a pushover) such a cute little girl :)

Michelle Hayes said...

Your kids are so cute. I do love the shirley temple look.

sarahandmatt said...

That baby's curls kill me. She is so dang cute. I love that she's dressed like that. I only fight my kids on what they wear on Sundays and when I'm taking pictures. The rest of the time they look like they're orphans.