Sunday, July 15, 2012

Bitter Sweet

Last week I was released as the Relief Society President of our ward. I have to say I thought I would be way more excited to be released then I was.    As I  started to reflect on the blessings that came as I served in the calling I realized how often the Lord was with me strengthing me.   I felt love and concern for all of the sisters.  I truly wanted to see them happy,   and I was going to do whatever it took to make them happy. I was blessed to have so many sisters, that did everything they could to support me.  I loved them for it!  
My marriage has never been better then during the year I served.  Ben really did a great job supporting me, taking care of the kids, house and he turned into a great listener!  
Lastly, I felt the Lords love in my life.  Burdens were truly made lighter as I listened to others.  It's interesting that all of these blessings are now seen in hindsight, if only I had been more in tune during the time.  My testimony of the Savior grew, and that was the ultimate blessing!

1 comment:

Cami said...

Whoa! I didn't know you were released last week. I guess we don't talk enough. Do you miss it? I am sure you did a great job, even with all the other responsibilities you have. Good work!