Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Ahoy! I Garden!







 You have to be a "What about Bob?" fan to get this post title!   I tried a small garden a few years ago and HATED it!  The slugs ate everything, things died, and it had very little produce.  
Well, since we had a huge slab of dirt all marked off for a garden, I decided to give gardening another try.   This time it has been so much fun!  A little success goes a long way!  I have blueberries, cauliflower, broccoli, lettuce, onions, tomatos, basil, cucumber, squash, zucchini, cilantro and pumpkin all growing! The kids have been a huge help and I think they secretly enjoy the garden too!
I am already planning next years crop!


5 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Donna Christensen said...

WOW!! Jennifer I am TOTALLY impressed!! GREAT JOB!! This is great!! I love it! I guess I should try again, too. I try every year and every year it's horrible. So, I didn't even try this year. I did put in lots of flowers in my flower bed and it is going better than years past. However, I am thrilled for you!! Good Job!! Miss you here in OKC!!

Michelle Hayes said...

Hey great posts over the last month!!!

Stefani said...

Love it! I just went and picked a bag full of peaches for the first time off our tree. I was thrilled. Maybe I'm ready to try a garden again. I have 2 dogs that think everything is yummy - they usually get it before we do.

Melanie Eastman said...

I'm impressed with your garden! We had fun with ours this year, too. It was our first time and we had some success, some failure. :)