Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Vacation

After Tim's Wedding we went to Yosemite where we had so much fun hiking the trails and enjoying the beautiful waterfalls.


Claire and Reese know how to travel, they were carried from place to place!

The following day we took our adventures to San Fransisco and look what we found!
I remember going to Ghirardelli Square when I was a kid and remembered the decadent ice cream. My kids were all to excited to try it out!


Yep! Still Yummy!
Let the frenzy begin!

We walked along the piers and found Alcatraz, we told the kids the story's about Alcatraz (some true some made up) then, like good parents, we told Brady we would send him there if he continued to be naughty.
Brady's complete and total fear was covered by this forced smile.
we made our way over to the aquarium. A highlight for the kids, absolute touchier for parents!


I'm not sure what the deal with these guys are, but if you pay you get a photo with them
I think I should start that kind of business, no work.
Luckily, Brady only gave them the spare change on his pocket.
This, This right here was the whole purpose of the wharf, Clam Chowder in sourdough bread bowls. It was superb! I ate all of mine this was Claire's leftovers that I finished also!
I'm a little concerned that all of my favorite events focused on the food.
I could use another about now!

We went on to Boise to Michelle's wedding where I saw some of my favorite people.
Isn't my sister Cami so cute?! She is expecting her 5th baby and she looks like one
"yummy Mama"

Ok! This is the funniest picture of all time, Mark was posing, Like the Poser he is, and Reesey barfed in his hair and down his neck as I snapped the shot.
I can actually feel his pain!


We went to my aunts house where they provided entertainment for all us Christensen's
we had mini motorcycle races
Who do you think won this race? That's right, ME!

Brady was in HEAVEN!
He's so cute!













9 comments:

Shannon B said...

I love SF...it's one of my favorite places on earth! Did you say hi to it for me? I agree, food is the highlight of MOST of my trips and memories! YUM! Looks like a good time was had by all.

The Ferguson Family said...

how fun was your vacation?! That's awesome that you guys had such a great time. And how awesome are you for winning the races on the mini bikes?! And yes, Brady did look so cute in that pic all dressed in his gear!

Stefani said...

My kids tried to give change to the metallic guy before and he wouldn't take it. He only wanted dollar bills. So, he got a big fat NOTHING from us, and we took a picture of him with a telephoto, so there!

And the thought of Ghirardelli's is making my mouth water! Oh ya!

sarahandmatt said...

did you know that all of the Joel Flake Family was in Washington while you guys were in Boise marrying off Michelle?! Bummer.

mlg said...

Looks like you had a great time I love SF too and the soup bowls are a must! Oh and the chocolate!

Jeremy Saunders said...

sounds like a blast! Are you home yet?
m

April said...

I went to SF on a high school trip and I loved it. We also ate at Giradelli's, went to Alcatraz, saw the metallic dancing people and ate way too much too but it was one of my favorite trips ever. I'm glad you had a fun time!
April

Mama G said...

Looks like an awesome vacation... took me back 10 years ago when we hit the same spots... I'll NEVER forget Ghiradelli!!! :)
love you guys and miss you!

Mama G said...

Looks like an awesome vacation... took me back 10 years ago when we hit the same spots... I'll NEVER forget Ghiradelli!!! :)
love you guys and miss you!