Sunday, September 12, 2010

Fairhaven 15K

I have always wanted to be a runner, I just have admired how dedicated runners are, and lets face it they have the best physique. But, the gasping for air , the feeling of throwing up and the pain of not being able to keep up with others has always stopped me.
My friend Mimi ask me to go running with her and April, I tagged along praying I could keep up with them. Well, the experience was awesome! Yes, the running was great. But talking and laughing as we ran made the whole running experience actually FUN!
April and I (Mimi sat out because of a foot injury) ran our first 15K yesterday and it was a great experience to accomplish a goal I have set out to do for a long time now.
We ran a a pretty even pace of 11:20 min miles and finished the race happy.


10 comments:

Val and Dan said...

Way to go! How fun to run it with so many friends! You look great, Jennifer...but you deserve to look great because you always seem so diligent with your exercise/eating. Good Job!

Stefani said...

Woo Hoo!! Yay for you, I can totally relate to all the reasons you listed about reasons not to run but I can also relate to the feeling of accomplishment. And don't you feel like you're defying your age? I'm running a 1/2 marathon in Nov., my first, and I'm getting a little nervous! yikes!!

Jeremy Saunders said...

Aw, look at those HAWT MAMAS! Way to go, and what a nice morning for it, couldn't have asked for better weather. I was thinking about you girls as I was at the soccer park cheering Aidan on. Next year, I hope to be able to do this race, pray for me and my foot.
m

Maren said...

Jennifer you are so skinny!! You and Cami are going to look so much better than me at Mark's wedding! ah!

I decided I really need to start training again :)

jenn gent said...

Way to go! I'm impressed!!!

Gus and Carolee Drake said...

That is awesome Jennifer you are so brave... I have always wanted to enjoy running, you have inspired me! You look GREAT!

Cami said...

That is awesome! I am jealous. Good job training and running. You do look really good. Very skinny...and nice muscles, by the way.

I'm proud of you. However, let's have a race to the top of the "Y" in October. Just kidding, I'll be lucky if I can walk by then!

April said...

It was so fun to do with you Jennifer and I can't waite to run another race.
You are right the talking and laughing was the best part.
April

Donna Mannewitz Christensen said...

Way to Go, Jennifer!! What a wonderful accomplishment!! You are awesomely fantastic!! What an inspiration!!

Tobler Bunch said...

You girls are an inspiration! Keep on Running! Dec. 31st is still an option- run it, make it your first Half-marathon. You girls can DO IT!