Friday, March 11, 2011

It's about time!

I have never been a runner, but after having kids I decided the quickest way to get the baby weight off was to run it off.  Determined after every baby to get to my former self, I slipped my running shoes on and got myself back on the treadmill. 
I usually run between 4-6 miles every other day.  I started thinking all my friends and even my sisters have run half-marathons, whats my problem?  So I decided I would do it.  I had made it up to 10 miles a couple of times and pittered out. 
 Last night I decided I was a baby, and I WOULD do 13.2 Miles.  I got up at 4:30 am and started.  I had no excuses that early to stop, and since I am a fair weather runner I did it all in the comfort of my living room watching FOX new, and listening to general conference. 
Feelin' good at 12.5
I yelled for Ben and the kids to come cheer me on.
No one cared.  

Feelin' tired at 13.25
Ben finally came and took some pictures!

THE PROOF

17 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Corinna said...

Great Job!! Your Rock!!

Corinna said...

I mean you rock!!

April said...

Awesome!!! Good for you Jennifer! Mimi and I ran this morning too but we were done at 5 miles! By the way, you should sign up and run a Half it would be way more fun. I can't imagine getting up at 4:30 and running on a treadmill the entire distance. You are one crazy and dedicated momma. You should be proud of yourself!
April

Michelle Hayes said...

Alls I have to say about this is.. I would never run on a treadmill for my half marathon! Ughh..but on the negative side, I took my Ipod on mine and it died on mile 3...least you have a TV!

mlg said...

You are awesome, 4:30 wow you are so dedicated, I wish I had half the motivation that you do!

Jeremy Saunders said...

I would have puked waking up at 430 am, much less run a half. Way to go girl!
m

Stefani said...

I LOVE it! And I TOTALLY care!

Gus and Carolee Drake said...

Wow you are so inspiring! Way to go! Can I borrow some determination?

The Northwest Bunch said...

AWESOME!!!!!!

Jonathon and Sarah said...

I am SOOOOO impressed. Treadmills are so hard for me. I lOVE that you MAKE time for exercise. I find so many excuses, but instead of making excuses, you get up at 4:30 and just do it. You are such a good example. Good Job!

Sarah

Tobler Bunch said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are amazing! Keep going and don't stop, heeheee! Before you know it you will run 26.2...!!!!

The Davidsons said...

You go girl! You are amazing, I get tired after three miles. I am SO lazy!!! I wish I could have been at Ben's party, it looked like lots of fun!

Cami said...

How did you do that? That is really awesome. I'm glad Ben took the pictures. That is really an amazing accomplishment. Way to go.

The Ferguson Family said...

Awesome job! You're great. (I would've cheered you on for the last bit!...haha)

samchristensen said...

Hey! This is impressive! On a treadmill? Way to go!!!

tvmom said...

congrats!