Monday, April 11, 2011

50 Dollar Diet

With Summer on its way, I am looking for some results on the scale. 
 I have been working out, but slacking a little. 
 I needed a new program.
Thank heavens for sisters.   I called my sister regarding my plight and she suggested we go on our 50 dollar diet again.  This diet is so painfully fun to do.... you only need 2 things.
First, you need a friend that will suffer through the experience with you.
Second, you need a consequence for cheaters. (example $50)

This is how the diet works. 
  •  Each week the dieters decide on one rule. 
  • When you cheat you owe the other person 50 bucks! (or in our case a new dress)
Cami and I have been going strong for three weeks.
Week 1:  No eating after Dinner (not even a grape thanks Oprah for the line)
Week 2:  No Snacking through our experience we found this was nearly impossible, so we modified.
                                One Snack a Day of your choice under 200 calories.
I cheated on week 2.  I snacked and snacked after dinner so I had to suffer the consequences.  I sent Cami my beloved Value Village find.
                
It looks super cute on her !
Now at Week 3 we are still living our other week rules and have added, one serving size at dinner. of course we went over all the restrictions on that!
Anyway the point of telling you all this is because I'm determined to get her black dress that she has that I WANT. 
And that this diet is actually fun and works because it can be modified for everyone, working with your body and eating habits.
Should I keep you updated on each week?

7 comments:

Cami said...

I love this Jennifer! Now where's the "BEFORE" picture of you? We'll post an "AFTER" picture when we see each other in June.

PS--Thanks for the dress.
Can you tell I was talking in that picture? "Mary Jean, wait until I'm ready to take the picture."

Michelle Hayes said...

Oh the $50 dollar diet. I am glad you guys have figured out not to include me on this...ever again. :) By the way, cami is HOTTTMAMA.. She needs no diet..

The Ferguson Family said...

That DOES sound fun! After the baby comes, I might need to try this out with a friend. And I think it'll be cool to report to us since now I would love to know if you ever that black dress!!!

Jeremy Saunders said...

oh this is a good idea! I might do this, sisters are great for a lot of things!
Do you actually send the person $50 or just a dress that your partner likes?
m

samchristensen said...

I agree with Cami! I want to see the results too!! ;)
This is SUCH a good idea. I love it. The most difficult rule for me is not eating anything after dinner. ahhh!!!! I just want to munch! Popcorn will be the death of me....

Donna Mannewitz Christensen said...

I agree with Sam, love the popcorn!! I love the diet too, but I have one question....Why are the two of you dieting???? You both look FANTASTIC!! I am not just saying that!! If only I could have your self control!! I want to look like you.

sarahandmatt said...

Love it! And I own that blue dress you gave Cami. So cute.